Sunday, December 6, 2009

chilly weather

Snow snow snow. It snowed last night in beantown and Krissie and I whipped out our Christmas decorations in preparation of the upcoming holidays. Of course, it's all still sitting on our floor right now since we can't multi task and watch Tabitha's Salon Takeover at the same time. Hehe.

Cold weather also sparks my taste for a nice cup of chili. I have a pot of chili simmering on the stove right now. You can join my meaty efforts following the same directions below.


Ingredients

  • 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
  • 2 red bell peppers, chopped
  • 5 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 lb ground pork
  • 1 lb lean stew meat, small cubes
  • 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes (I like picking up ones with green chilis or jalepeno chilis included)
  • 1 can of Guinness
  • 1 cup very strong coffee
  • 2 6 ounce cans tomato paste
  • 1 can beef broth
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper
  • 1 tablespoon cumin
  • 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 teaspoon oregano
  • 3 New Mexico green chili peppers (seeds included)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 15 ounce cans kidney beans (undrained)
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon of good dijon mustard



Directions
1. Heat oil.
2. Cook onions, garlic and meat until brown.

3. Add tomatoes, beer, coffee, tomato paste, ketchup, dijon, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth.
4. Add spices, kidney beans, bell peppers, and chili peppers.


5. Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 hours.


6. Serve with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese.
7. Store the leftovers in a sealed container and refrigerate. I promise, chili tastes much better a few days later.


Now excuse me while I go watch me pot of chili and enjoy my cup of LA Burdicks dark drinking chocolate spiked with peppermint schnapps. Honestly, what's more jolly than that?


Oh and for those of you wondering what I bought from net-a-porter....



hellooooo wanger.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Oh, that sounds so delicious. I definitely want to try your recipe.

Anonymous said...

nice bag. can't wait to see how you wear it!

denise said...

omg OSOSOSOSOSOOSOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS TIMES TEN.