Sunday, October 11, 2009

ANIMAL!


I was tagged by my favorite Ivy Wang of POSITIVE TENSION.

What is your current obsession?
The classic Chanel lambskin. I'm determined to have one by the time I'm thirty.

What is your horoscope and do you relate?
I'm a Virgo. I think I relate well enough. The one trait that sticks out to me the most is being an anal retentive perfectionist. Maybe there's some subconscious hold my astrological has on me, but when it comes to baking/cooking I am a perfectionist to the utmost. I'm by far my own worst critic regardless of the happy, well fed faces of those around me.

What are you wearing today?
Refer to outfit above sans the leggings. It got a little chilly, so I threw on a pair of black skinny jeans.

What’s for dinner?
Medium Buffalo and honey hot wings from Wings Express on Moody St. What up Patriots!

What’s your favorite decade, fashion wise?
I'm so in love with historic fashion. My hands down favorite period was the turn of Victorian to Edwardian. Long elegant lines, tall dramatic collars, and sports coats to straight corsets and huge in your face bonnets!? Come on, that is so for me. Dressing up for the everyday seemed fun and exciting.

What are your must haves for summer?
Uniform for the summer is an oversized flowy blouse or tunic w/ brightly colored shorts. Typically, I try to keep the accessorizing to a minimum so I don't drown in my own sweat. This past summer, I loved my mid calf fringe sandals.

What would you love to be able to afford?
I have yet to take the Loubie plunge. If I had a G to just throw around, I'd probably try to get my hands on a pair of Pigalle Loubies or the YSL Imperiale Pumps. They are soooooo delicious. My god, my feet would just melt.

What is your favorite piece of clothing from your own wardrobe?
White blazer from Express. It is in heavy rotation year round.

What is your dream job?
Definitely not what I'm doing now. I'm trying to save up and pursue a career in food. One of my best friends and I are planning on going to culinary school within the next 5 years. We'll see what happens from there.

What’s your favorite magazine?
Vogue, WWD, and Gourmet, which is no longer in existence. Damn you recession!!!

What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
I find Uggs particularly offensive when they're out for display... i.e. worn with up your ass denim skirts, popped collar polos, and a pearl necklace (oh hi Long Island). As a multiple Noreaster survivor, I have nothing against Uggs tastefully hidden under a pair of jeans when it's 10 degrees out.

Describe your personal style?
Mostly basic, sometimes tailored, with a spotting of gaudiness. If I see something I like, I wear it. I wear what makes me happy, regardless of what other people think.

Which Beatle is your favorite?
Paul McCartney.

What are you proud of?
I'm proud of the person I am today. I feel like I'm in a job I dislike, but I'm slowly taking steps to mold my life the way I'd like it to be. I feel very much in control of my own destiny and I really have no idea where these balls have sprouted from, but I like it!

I'm tagging anyone who feels like giving this a go. =)

4 comments:

Serg Riva said...

enjoying your blog...

FashionJazz said...

Luved ur post!! Always nice to learn more about ur fellow bloggers : )
Have a lovely day and i luv ur outfit!! Very chic! xx

Marcia B. said...

girl ur leggings are bombbb, you look sexylicious!

denise said...

aww hey! thanks for visiting my blog :D
okay NGL, i just browsed your whole blog right back to the beginning (stalker!) and i looove it :D your food posts mixed wiht your outfit posts are so great..and im def. gonna try out some of your recipes!!!

sooooo craving some bulgogi now!!