Sunday, September 13, 2009

rainy day review


[525 america sweater steve madden flats helmut lang tailored skinnies witchery tank rick owens beanie]


I spent the day eating celery sticks and hummus and hard boiled egg whites so I could have one of these babies for dessert. Red velvet = fat ass central. Have to watch the calories on dessert days.



I've been meaning to praise these wonderful products I've recently gotten my hands on. I'm supposed to be studying for the CPA, but I figured this would be a good procrastination tool. I'm a freaking procrastinating master. Ace Ventura and Iron Chef America have taken up quite a bit of time as well. Ha. Good job.

Getting on with it...



Kat Von D lipstick in Stiletto / Nuskin Glacial Marine Mud


Lipstick - I love how bold this red is. It is really the most intriguing shade of red I've come across. To be honest, it's more of an orange-red, which is hot for a night out on the town. Plus it photographs freakishly bold in flash photographs vs. no flash, which comes out a bit more orange than red.

However, I am in the market for a more vampy red. I'm picturing Joan Collins, Dynasty days. What an amazing and iconic look for her. I'll take suggestions if anyone's found a red like this that they love.



Mask - This mask is so amazing. I was tempted to not post the picture, but I think it really adds to my review, no? I don't think I was born with the best skin, despite being Asian. Hey, some of us are unlucky! Since using the mark, I've seen a noticeable difference in the texture of my skin. It's so much smoother. I haven't been faithful with the 2-3 times a week suggested frequency, but I can say when I have been pretty strict with it, the results are really amazing for me. I've been lathering it on in preparation for smooth bday skin. I hope it looks like velvet. Mmmm yes.



Clean Clear Cleaning and Disinfecting Contact Lens Solution


Solution and Cleaning System - I've been prone to eye infections using Opti Free. I have nothing against it really. My boyfriend uses it and swears by it, and for a while I thought it was ok... until I got the mother of all nasty eye infections. Gross. I recently went to get my optical check up and my doctor suggested this new solution. It comes with that little case seen above in the picture. The lenses go in little cages. Hydrogen peroxide solution goes in and the catalyst at the bottom of the little jar converts the hydrogen peroxide to water. AMAZING!!!! No rub, no extra cleaning, and best of all no infections. It's awesome. Plus, I sometimes find myself staring at all the bubble action that goes on. I'm a child. I'm so easily entertained it's sometimes ridiculous.


Alright. I've said my piece. Time for bed. I kindly (and somewhat stupidly) volunteered to hand out water to Jimmy Fund Walk participants at 8:00 A.M. It's not the volunteering part that sucks, it's the ass crack of dawn part that sucks. Ugh, beastly. Night beauties.

5 comments:

Britty said...

i really love this post alot!
and your flats

JINX said...

my grandmother finally gave me her recipe for a peach cheez'cake...its a sin how good it taste...

fashionjinx.blogspot.com
fashionjinx.blogspot.com
fashionjinx.blogspot.com
fashionjinx.blogspot.com
fashionjinx.blogspot.com
fashionjinx.blogspot.com

FashionJazz said...

Really luved ur post!! xx

Ivy said...

Wow, that cupcake looks SO good and I don't even like cupcakes!

Maggie said...

Darn, i love the color of ur lippy!