Friday, June 12, 2009

food and fashion

Today was basically awesome. In addition to being a half an hour late to work, I had a 1.5 hour lunch, and got to leave 2.5 hours early!!!! Wooooot. Nothing like minimizing work time on a Friday.


Now I'm sitting on my lazy butt watching only the queen of indulgence herself, Ina Garten. I love this woman. Plus, she has her super sidekick, Michael the Gay! I believe the term "welcome home swat team" just got used to describe them. Good lord, this woman is fabulous. She surrounds herself with good food and gay men. What a life!



She's making truffled baked mac and cheese. Ughhhhh. Now I really want cheese.


I'm going to Mr. Bartley's Gourmet Burgers tonight. I'm sure I can get my cheese fix there. To give some history, Mr. Bartley's is one of those destinations I promised I'd go to since high school on Long Island. One of my art teachers raved about it since I was a freshman. We've kept in touch and it seems that every email opens with, "Have you been to Bartley's or what?" Well, tonight is the night! My 8 year quest ends here. I will be sure to report back.


So I was browsing around shopbop during my extensive lunch break and saw these babies.



I feel like I know nothing about Robert Clergerie. Anyone have any insight? If these shoes are any indication of the style, I like it! They're clunky and cartoonish. I feel like Minnie Mouse would wear these in real life... and if that's the case, I want to wear them as well.

1 comment:

macyaverage said...

those heels are so simple and beautiful. I love them!